Sunday, March 27, 2011

sun/sat

time to blog again about our irish adventures.


Yesterday we went to stroke city(look at the previous post if you dont understand). It was super sweet to get to see all the murals on the walls, especially the famous "you are now entering a free derry" mural. It's one thing to look at the murals from pictures and other things like that, but it's even better to see them in person. You can kind of feel the history of the place by looking at all the murals. After we took the bus ride to the giants causeway which I can sit here for hours and try explaining the beauty of the place, but in reality, pictures are better than words here, so take a look for yourself. Although I will say the hike up and the 162 steps was quite a killer...

Afterwards I went home to have some dinner. I had some guinness stew, mashed potatoes with some onion(its called cham I believe?) and some vegetables. Such a great dinner.

We headed to the SOS bus and relaxed there for a bit until the organizer of the program arrived and explained to use the significance of the program and what it stands for.

We were all a wee bit knackered after the day so we all called it quits early and went home to sleep

This morning was our free day to roam around and do basically whatever we wanted. I live near a park so my host family and I went for a walk. Sunny day once again. Afterwards, Tori and I went to St George's market which is in the downtown part of the city. There were many vintage vendors and a wide array of food available. We then went shopping near Victoria's Square. Got some souveniers for my family and a Celtic jersey for myself.

There was a barbecue at Paul Chambers house which turned out to be quite fun and relaxing. The food was great, although it was quite chilly after a while. We were all shattered after the night so it was time to leave and go to bed. The lord mayor and the Belfast Rotary Club tomorrow. Can't believe we've been here for 5 days already...

-riques

No comments:

Post a Comment