Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday- Cari

DUBLIN!!! We were up bright and early (not that early) in order to be in Dublin. We took a coach bus to Dublin and started the day off at a truck stop for some food and coffee. It was actually quite nice and the bathroom even had showers! How crazy! Our first real stop of the day was a British Cemetery, our tour guide had just gotten off a plane from the states but his stories were still amazing. He told us one about a man who was working on the job one day when two men came into and started causing some trouble, all the other men jumped and them and started kicking them to death before they could die the man whose tomb stone we saw jumped in and saved the two men, one turned out to be Adolph Hitler. It was a draw-dropping story and really made me think about how this man could have saved so many millions of people, he obviously didn't know which really shows we never know what is going to become of someone.

We finished off the cemetery and then it was time for lunch! We ate at a place called Kennelys (I could have totally made that name up, so....?) It was hard to find a table for six of us but we did manage. I had a really good sandwich with ham, cheese, and tomato (they say tomato differently from us) with some chips (fries). Then the TABU students walked around and shopped. All the girls bought green rugby jerseys, I also got some bracelets and a pin to add to my name tag. We walked through Trinity campus at the end, and that was absolutely beautiful (future college?). The bus ride back was uneventful, I spent most of it sleeping =)

Tonight we spent with our host families, my family and I went to Gaze, a chinese restaurant (http://www.nifoodreview.com/gaze-review.htm here is a website I found for it if anyone is interested?) It was super yummy and no matter how hard I tried to pay they wouldn't let me! This whole trip Kathy and I have been fighting to pay for each other =). We went home but stopped on our way to see a beautiful view of Belfast at night. We got out of the car on top of the whole and you could see everything, I'm in love. We headed home and Kathy and I played Mario Kart, I am terrible, she is amazing to put it simply. I'm going to go to bed now, with my nice and toasty bed thanks to a hot water bottle. Blog tomorrow! (I hope)

-Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment